- 2019 Health & Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 12, 2018
- 2018 Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 30, 2017
- Thirty Years of GIFs – Staff Picks - June 16, 2017
- Are you using radio to further the public relations goals of your clients? In spite of some misconceptions about consumer listening habits, radio remains a cost-effective and growing medium. New research clearly shows that AM/FM radio remains one of the most effective drivers of digital marketing. The concept is simple: When listeners hear a message on-air, it motivates them to learn more online.
- It seems like every major marketing resource publishes new information on the best way to reach consumers, but let us help cut through the noise. Here are some helpful facts surrounding the latest news:
|AM/FM radio has very low reach.||93% of all Americans are reached by radio each week.***|
|The best way to reach Millennials is by advertising on television.||Surprisingly, ad-supported television reaches only 73% of consumers aged 18-34, while AM/FM radio reaches 93%*
|Consumers listen to popular streaming options, like Pandora or Spotify, as much as they listen to AM/FM radio.||AM/FM radio remains the centerpiece of audio consumption and time spent listening is 8x that of Pandora and 19x that of Spotify.* Broadcast Radio is tied for the lead among all sources used for keeping up-to-date with new music. AM/FM radio is used for that purpose by 68% of respondents, the same number that rely on “friends and family.” **|
|Most people listen to online streams or owned audio in their cars.
|71% of all in-car audio use is AM/FM radio.
|Consumers don’t listen to radio anymore.
|Radio listenership is actually on the rise: up 5% in July, 2016 vs. July, 2015.
|Seemingly, today’s smart media plan is to put all your money into mobile and social.
| The optimal media mix for adults 18+ is 78% traditional (Radio/TV) and 22% digital (PC, Smartphone, Tablet). Similarly, the optimal mix for Millennials 18-34 is 71% traditional and 29% digital.*
Marketers may be starving off growth by not investing enough in advertising as they shift the mix from traditional to new platforms, missing the opportunity to generate billions in additional return. In addition, spending across multiple platforms delivers greater ROI than any single platform – including for Millennial consumers.****
- Radio remains a leading channel for reaching consumers. Contact us for a 15-minute strategy call to review how our services might benefit and enhance your client’s visibility on local, regional and national radio.
Sources: * WestwoodOne Blog, October, 2016, ** Edison Research, The Infinite Dial, 2016, *** NielsenAudio, Audio Today: Radio 2016 Appealing Far and Wide, **** The Advertising Foundation, How Advertising Works Today, 2016