- 2019 Health & Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 12, 2018
- 2018 Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 30, 2017
- Thirty Years of GIFs – Staff Picks - June 16, 2017
When it comes to publicity, everything an organization does is connected. Nonprofits and businesses often think about content marketing, advertising, and earned media individually, yet each directly impacts the others and contributes to your brand image. This is particularly true for radio content, which has the potential to enhance written and visual marketing dramatically. By linking your nonprofit’s radio content to blog posts, social media, and other public relations efforts, you can appeal to a wide range of listeners consistently and effectively.
How Audio Enhances All Marketing Efforts
Radio has the potential to embellish or increase engagement on every other form of content, including:
- Blog Posts & Articles– Written content is a great way to show followers that you are an authority in your field. By strategically implementing brief radio content through a Public Service Announcement (PSA) and using it as a platform for directing your listeners to your longer written posts, you can appeal to and engage with the right audience for your industry.
- Social Media Posts– Social media marketing is a valuable tool for increasing two-way communication with your followers. It allows you to not only alert supporters and donors to your promotions and products, but it is also an avenue for gaining feedback through comments and re-tweets. Keep in mind, for engagement to continue, it is important to respond to this feedback. An Audio New Release (ANR) can easily include a response crafted by the feedback you’ve gained. By responding publicly to your audience you show listeners that you pay attention to them, giving them an incentive to continue to follow you on social media, share more of their opinions and show their support.
- Influencers– Influencers, or individuals with large followings on social media, can help you promote your brand to millennial audiences. While you can ask these individuals to mention your client’s products or services on their own platforms, it is often more effective to design a Radio Media Tour (RMT) around the support they rally for your client’s brand. This marketing strategy could more than double the impact on audience engagement because it attracts the influencer’s followers plus your client’s current followers directing them all to a specific call to action. The call to action could be an incentive to visit your website, increasing the chance that they will engage with and remember your message. In the process, this will likely attract brand new followers. It also makes influencers more likely to work with you again in the future, as it lets them expand their influence beyond their traditional platforms.
MediaTracks has extensive experience with radio content, and knows how to integrate it into your broader publicity strategy. For more information on all the ways radio can enhance your company, contact us today.