Americans have an insatiable appetite for media — and there’s no end in sight, according to a recent Nielsen study. Consumers over 18 now spend nearly 12 hours a day in media consumption, up by an hour-and-a-half in just one year. A large segment of new media consumption has come from podcasts.
The study reveals that the number of podcast users listening every day grew by more than 3.6 million in the last year. On smartphones alone, more than 36 million people access podcasts today. What’s more, light podcast users morph into heavy users. And that’s not all.
- The average number of episodes heard weekly increased by 10%.
- Total listeners to podcasts are increasing exponentially by an average annual growth rate of 20%.
Why podcasts? Why now? Podcasts are portable and don’t require a screen. They serve multiple functions for listeners — entertaining or educational, headline news or the latest from your favorite sports team. The top five genres for podcasts are:
- Society and Culture
- News and Politics
MediaTracks Sets your Podcast Apart from other Podcasts
While it’s said that anyone can produce a podcast — “they” claim that you need only your smartphone or a computer — your clients won’t profit from a homemade or poorly produced podcast.
MediaTracks offers full podcast production, from concept to scriptwriting (How to Write a Podcast Script) to full production and analytics afterward.
Conceptual planning. Before embarking on a podcast, clients and their PR agencies should set goals for what they want to accomplish with a podcast. Do you want your podcast to create leads? Do you want increased brand awareness? A podcast is a series of episodes — so planning is the floorplan of your podcast.
Scriptwriting. Many people underestimate the complexity of scriptwriting for a single podcast episode. A short podcast is likely to contain 2,000 words or more. MediaTracks’ writers have years of experience crafting audio projects for a diverse group of clients. We produce and syndicate two 30-minute weekly radio programs — our team has the expertise to fulfill your client’s scriptwriting needs. Read more about our scriptwriting services (How to Write a Podcast Script). Clients will be assured that their scripts are well crafted, conversational, and factually accurate.
Complete production services. MediaTracks offers full production services from our state-of-the-art production studio. The heart of our studio is a ProTools Digital Audio Workstation which is the gold standard in audio recording/editing software.
- We provide digital audio recording to ensure crisp, clear audio quality.
- Huge music and SFX libraries to fulfill your clients’ needs.
- FTP file access for quick file transfers.
- Dial-in remote capabilities for guests who are unable to travel to our studio.
- Selection of voiceover talent.
Our production engineers are both experienced and talented. They have produced thousands of hours of audio programming, including:
- News and syndicated programming
- Commercial voiceovers
- Podcast series
- Education voiceovers
- Video-game voiceovers
- Industrial and training audios
We know how to publish a podcast and are ready to help you and your clients.
Additional services to set your podcast episodes apart. Podcast listeners not only enjoy being educated and entertained — they appreciate well-produced podcasts — no choppy audio and no embarrassing faux pas. We provide:
- Consulting – What you need to know before getting started with a podcast
- Themed, consistent openings for your podcast series
- Recording, editing and final production – if your spokespeople are working extemporaneously, but your client is a stickler for perfection, MediaTracks offers editing services to remove those small mistakes, stumbles, and blunders
- Music and sound effects
- Music dubbing
MediaTracks offers syndication via platforms that stream podcasts, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
MediaTracks Provides Powerful Podcast Analytics
For clients to effectively utilize podcasts to promote their brand and drive consumers to their business, organization, or website, they need detailed statistical data and how to use these powerful analytics.
MediaTracks provides a comprehensive report containing analytics and statistics after your podcasts are published and distributed. You and your clients will garner valuable insights into your audience and know which podcasts capture the most downloads. MediaTracks’ post-distribution analytics provide insights to help develop more effective podcast topics, guests, and formats moving forward. What kinds of information are available?
- Downloads year over year. Downloads are an important metric. Analytics can provide particular episode downloads, downloads year to year, and downloads within date ranges. A podcast’s performance can’t be judged by the number of downloads alone — niche markets may not garner a vast number of downloads yet be very effective for the client.
- Source of downloads. Knowing the source that listeners use to download your podcasts provide insight into your listeners’ habits, preferences, and lifestyles. The source of downloads is another piece of the puzzle to help formulate targeted content and distribution.
- Top downloads. Developing content that is on target for your demographic helps ensure long-term success for your podcast. Your top downloads can help provide a “formula” or “roadmap” for future successful podcast episodes.
- IAB metrics algorithm. Provided data based on the Internet Advertising Bureau’s unique downloads algorithm. This means all downloads from known bots or blacklisted IP addresses are not included in the final numbers.
MediaTracks helps you understand and utilize analytics to not only grow your audience but increase average consumption, i.e., the percentage of listeners that consume your entire podcast. In reality, this important analytic reveals the engagement of your audience. On average, 80% of podcast consumers listen to almost the entire podcast. Drop-off rates are significantly lower for podcasts than other mediums. We employ recognized reporting methods to evaluate and furnish valuable analytics.
Why choose MediaTracks as your podcast partner?
MediaTracks is a successful and well-established audio and radio producer with a 30+ year history. Our team of writers, producers, and strategists work with each client to develop what’s best for you. We help you craft your message; we provide placement options, and we offer full podcast production capabilities from our state-of-the-art production studio.
Whether your client needs to develop a podcast from scratch or needs podcast production and distribution, MediaTracks is here to transform ideas into reality. Our offices and production studio are located close to Chicago’s O’Hare Airport and are easily accessible from every major highway. We also offer the opportunity to work remotely, including dial-in remote capabilities.
Ready to get started? Call us at 847-299-9500 or email us at [email protected] to learn more about our professional podcast services.