Work closely with experienced studio engineers, awardwinning producers, professional radio hosts and voiceover talent on producing:
- weekly 30-minute radio programs heard by 6 million listeners
- radio spots and promos
- audio new releases and custom news feeds
- national radio media tours
Blog and post on our websites and social media pages.
Work closely with experienced studio engineers, award-winning producers, professional radio hosts and voiceover talent.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interest in radio, journalism, audio editing and studio production
- Some practical recording studio experience, familiarity with ProTools and audio software
- Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
We are looking for juniors, seniors or recent grads who live, work or go to school in the Chicago area. Interns usually work 2 days (15 hrs) per week, for 12 weeks, from 9am to 5pm, but there is flexibility in the schedule. Most interns work June through August, but some spots may be available in Fall and Spring semesters as well.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form. Be sure to attach your resume, links to your audio demo or samples of your work, and a few paragraphs of introduction. Audio interns only need to upload links to audio work. Tell us about your relevant coursework, projects, experience, what you’d like to learn, future plans, and what days/times work best.
MTC is an awardwinning producer of two public affairs programs: Radio Health Journal and Viewpoints, heard each week on iTunes, Stitcher and over 800 radio stations nationwide. We seek interns who want to work side by side with industry experts to gain real-world experience in writing, editing, blogging, social media, communications, marketing and broadcast media in a closeknit, casual working environment with a team of eight. Our interns have gone on to work for NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM Los Angeles, WAND-TV, ESPN, ABC News, Disney and us.