Are you a good writer who loves social media? Can you listen to a podcast and choose the quote most likely to entice others to listen? Can you write with a warm, professional and informative voice? Can you distill the essence of a story to 280 characters? Can you be funny and provocative without being offensive? Can you match up images to ideas? Can you easily create connections and relationships between ideas, people, and current events?
Take advantage of the opportunity to gain crucial real-world knowledge and experience, alongside industry leaders for over 25 years, while you:
- Create and curate content for websites, blogs, and social media pages
- Cross-promote our program guests’ books, causes, and projects while introducing our programs to their fans and followers
- Transcribe and post weekly stories, pulling out interesting quotes and facts
- Develop strategies for reaching out to affiliates and creating a community of listeners
- Build awareness of our podcasts on several platforms
- We are looking for sophomores, juniors, and seniors who live in the Chicago area, able to work 2 days per week, for 8 to 12 weeks, from 9am to 4pm. Flexible start/end dates. Year round availability.
Learn how to market award-winning legacy media content to new media/digital platforms
- You must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, including grammar and proofreading.
- Be a bright, hardworking selfstarter with a professional demeanor and high regard for deadlines
- A quick learner, already familiar with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, etc.
(Additional opportunities available for Spanish speakers)
How to Apply
Fill out the application form. Be sure to attach your resume, 2-5 writing samples and a few paragraphs of introduction. Tell us about your relevant coursework, projects, experience, what you’d like to learn, future plans, and what days/times work best. You can include links to online work.
MediaTracks Communications is an award-winning producer of two public affairs programs Radio Health Journal and Viewpoints, heard each week on iTunes, Stitcher and over 800 radio stations nationwide. We seek interns who want to work side by side with industry experts to gain realworld experience in writing, editing, blogging, social media, communications, marketing and broadcast media in a close-knit, casual working environment with a team of eight. Our interns have gone on to work for NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM Los Angeles, WAND-TV, ESPN, ABC News, Disney and us.