MediaTracks is looking for a summer intern! Work alongside industry experts in broadcast media and public relations, and participate in the day-to-day reality of what it takes to foster relationships, manage administrative duties, close deals, and deliver results.
Gain invaluable real-world experience as an intern, having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Sales Manager and Operations Coordinator with sales/market research, executing contracts, project set-up, database management, and client relations.
- Pitch our public affairs programs to prospective radio station affiliates throughout the nation.
- Source prospective client leads in the PR industry.
- Assist with researching, pitching, booking, and scheduling radio interviews for our client’s spokespersons.Update and edit sales materials for sales presentations.
- Provide support to our affiliate radio stations – daily contact via phone/email to 850+ stations.
- Assist with generating client reports.
- Post content to our websites and social media pages.
- Assist with affiliate/client newsletters and press releases.
We are looking for sophomores, juniors, and seniors who live in the Chicago area, able to work 2-3 days per week, for 8 to 12 weeks, from 9am to 4pm. Flexible dates and hours. Year round availability.
Learn how to sell award-winning legacy media content to new media/digital platforms
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, and great on the phone.
- Hard-working self-starter with a professional demeanor, and an eagerness to learn.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; as well as MailChimp.
- Sophomre, Junior, Senior or recent graduate living/working in the Chicago area.
- Available to work 2-3 days a week (15-20 hrs.), for 8-12 weeks, from 9am–4pm.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form. Be sure to attach your resume, and a few paragraphs of introduction. Tell us about your relevant coursework, projects, experience, what you’d like to learn, future plans, and what days/times work best. You can include links to online work.
GET THE INSIDE STORY ON BROADCAST MEDIA & PR WITH A LEGACY MEDIA COMPANY
Are you interested in how national radio works? Are you personable and comfortable on the phone? Are you a problem solver? Are you an expert Googler with a knack for research? Do you get excited about spreadsheets/data and project management?