Are you interested in how radio happens around the country? Are you comfortable and personable on the phone? Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you like googling and researching? Do you get a feeling of accomplishment for completing a form or color-coding a spreadsheet? Do you like figuring out a way to organize a project better?
Assist the Director of Operations in providing real-world administrative support to all aspects of our company: Production, Editorial, Sales, Social Media, Communications, Affiliate Relations, Client Relations. Be involved in several projects from start to finish, requiring a variety of skills.
- Providing customer service to affiliates – daily contact via phone/email to 800+ stations
- Updating affiliate and client databases and generating reports
- Posting on our websites and social media pages
- Transcribe and post weekly stories, pulling out interesting quotes & facts to highlight
- Assisting with communications such as affiliate newsletter and press releases
- Assisting with project management, such as radio media tours and market research
Get the inside story on broadcast media & PR with a legacy media company
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, confident phone manner
- Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
- Quick learner, already familiar with Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, Mailchimp, or similar
(Additional opportunities for Spanish speakers)
We are looking for juniors, seniors or recent grads who live, work or go to school in the Chicago area. Interns usually work 2-3 days (15-20 hrs) per week, for 8-12 weeks, from 9am-4pm. Year round availability.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form. Be sure to attach your resume, 2-5 writing samples and a few paragraphs of introduction. Tell us about your relevant coursework, projects, experience, what you’d like to learn, future plans, and what days/times work best. You can include links to online work.
MediaTracks Communications (Greater Chicago Area, IL) is an award-winning producer/syndicator of radio programs. For 25 years, we’ve led the PR industry in providing audio services: radio news releases, PSAs, podcasts, and media tours. We seek interns looking for experience in a close-knit, casual working environment with a team of eight. Our interns have gone on to work for NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM Los Angeles, WAND-TV, ESPN, ABC News, Disney and us.