No business can succeed without good publicity, but creating positive publicity is only possible with reliable media partners by your side. This is particularly true when it comes to radio, a medium that many companies do not fully understand. The following steps will help you find an experienced radio company to help you understand the impact this platform has and provide you with a strong foundation for promoting your message over the air:
Step 1: Basic Necessities
Finding an effective radio media company begins by considering all the factors that are essential for success over the air. These include:
- Technological Flexibility– Radio is evolving rapidly, and your radio media company should have experience with both digital and terrestrial broadcasting.
- Research Skills– Whether you’re trying to appeal to a specific demographic group, promote a particular product, or increase general awareness of your company, research is indispensable. This means that your radio media company must know how to conduct detailed studies on its audiences and parse those studies into clear, concise reports.
- Content Diversity– Your radio media company should be able to produce a myriad of content types. These include new releases, ad spots, public service announcements, 10- to 15-minute interviews, and podcasts. The more types of content they have experience with, the easier it will be for them to meet your company’s evolving promotional needs.
Make a list of all radio companies that meet these characteristics. Once you have a comprehensive list, you can narrow it down based on:
Step 2: Experience
Experience is essential in the radio industry, so look for a company that has plenty of it. This means not only seeking companies that have been in the business a long time, but also that have served a wide range of clients and audiences while covering a variety of topics. Consider also how diverse those audiences are. A company that has experience serving many different communities or demographic groups is more valuable than one that has been limited to a single population, even if each serves the same number of people.
Step 3: Your Specific Needs
After narrowing your list down to the most broadly experienced radio companies, the final step is to consider factors specific to your business. Select the company that can meet your unique needs. Say, for example, that you want to promote your products or services to both Spanish and English-speaking audiences. The company you choose should not only have experience promoting products in both languages, but should have native speakers of each on staff. Likewise, if you want to address science and health topics, your radio media partner should have experience presenting these topics accurately and accessibly. The more prepared the company is to meet your specific needs, the more valuable their service will be.
For more information on selecting a media company and succeeding over the air, contact MediaTracks today.
Latest posts by MediaTracks (see all)
- Savvy Scheduling: Creating A Production Timeline For Audio News Releases - December 13, 2017
- 2018 Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 30, 2017
- Holiday Radio Highlights: Targeting Health Consumers For The End Of The Year - November 7, 2017