The Sales & Marketing Intern reports to the President and the Director of Operations.
- Assist the President and Sales Manager with sales/market research, contracts, project set-up, database updates, and client relations
- Pitch our public affairs programs to prospective radio affiliates in top markets
- Pitch our services to prospective clients in the PR industry
- Pitch, book, schedule radio interviews for our client’s representatives
- Update and edit sales materials for sales presentations
- Blog and post on our websites and social media pages
We are looking for juniors, seniors, or recent grads who live, work, or go to school in the Chicago area. Interns usually work 2 days/15 hrs per week, for 8-12 weeks with an ideal start date of June 2, 2014.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, great on the phone
- Strong interest in media, marketing and public relations
- Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
- Proficiency with databases, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word/Excel, social media apps
- Some sales experience (in any industry)
- Graphic/web design skills or experience
- Additional opportunities exist for native/fluent Spanish speakers
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter (a few paragraphs in the accompanying email will do), and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also include links to online work. In your cover letter, please say something about your relevant coursework, projects and/or experience, what you’d like to learn from us in regard to your future plans, and what days/times you are likely available. IMPORTANT: INCLUDE “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION” IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE.
Latest posts by MediaTracks (see all)
- 2019 Wellness Awareness Calendar [Infographic] - November 12, 2018
- Increase Your Clients’ Presence on Spanish Network Radio - October 29, 2018
- The 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Sending a Media Alert - October 22, 2018